Thursday, February 5, 2015

Do Ghosts Really Exist?



Do Ghosts Really Exist?

Just read the small story told by Mystic Osho and make your own conclusions!

Once a lady was a guest at my house. She did not believe in god. She would say, ”God simply does
not exist.”

I said, ”Leave god aside, do you believe in ghosts?”
She said, ”Not at all, it is all nonsense.”

I said, ”Reconsider it because tonight it is just you, me and this house. I cannot say that I can arrange a meeting with god, but with the ghost I can.”

She said, ”What are you talking about? There are no such thing as ghosts.”

But I could see she was getting nervous. She started looking here and there. The night was getting deeper. I said, ”Then it is alright, I will tell you everything.”

She said, ”I simply don’t believe in them. What will you tell me? I don’t believe in them at all.”

I said, ”It is not a question of believing or not believing. Once a washerman use to live right where
this house is built – at the time of the First World War. He had just been married. His lovely bride came to live with him. The bride was beautiful in every way, with only one exception: she was one eyed. Very light skinned, a beautiful proportionate body – just one eye was missing.” ... I drew a vivid picture of her. ”The washerman had to go to the war – he was recruited. The letters kept on arriving saying he was coming, he was coming soon. And the washerwoman kept waiting and waiting and waiting. He never came, he was killed in the war.

”The washerwoman died waiting for him and became a ghost. She still lives in this house, waiting for him to come back. She has only one eye, a light skinned woman with long black hair. She wears a red sari.”

She insisted, ”I don’t believe in ghosts.” But I saw she was looking nervously this way and that.

I said, ”I am telling you all this because tonight you are staying here for the first time. Whenever somebody new is staying in the house, the first night the washerwoman comes in the middle of the night and pulls off their blanket to see if her man has come back.”

At this point her face started going pale. She said, ”What are you talking about? An educated man like you believes in ghosts and such like?”

I said, ”It is not a question of believing. But it is necessary to warn you otherwise you might be too frightened. Now I have told you, if a one eyed, light skinned woman in a red sari pulls off your blanket don’t be afraid. She never harms anybody, just throws off the blanket, stamps the floor in disappointment and goes away.

”And I will tell you one more characteristic of hers...” The owner of the house I was staying at in those days had the habit of grinding his teeth at night. Several times in the night he would start grinding his teeth. So I said, ”I will tell you one more habit of the woman, when she comes into the room she will be grinding her teeth. Naturally, she has waited so long. Ages have past. She had loved him, she comes in anger now, the washerman deceived her, he never came back. So she gnashes her teeth you may hear the sound of gnashing teeth at first.”

She said, ”What are you going on about? I simply don’t believe in them. You please stop this talk. You are unnecessarily trying to scare me.”

I said, ” If you don’t believe in them there is nothing to be afraid of.”

We kept talking this way until it was twelve o’clock. I said, ”Now you better go to bed.” She went to her room. It happened that no sooner did she lie down, the owner gnashed his teeth. He was sleeping in the next room. I was confident, he could be relied upon. During the night he will do it at least ten times. He will grind them once in a while. She went, lay down on the bed turned out the light and he gnashed his teeth. She screamed. I rushed to her room, turned on the lights. She was almost paralyzed in shock, pointing towards the corner of the room: ”Look! She is standing there.”

I tried to explain to her in millions of ways that ghosts don’t exist. She said, ”I cannot believe you. They certainly do exist... she is standing right there! And exactly as you had described: one eye, light complexion, black hair, red sari and grinding her teeth.”

The whole night I had to suffer, because she wouldn’t sleep or let me sleep. She would say, ”Now I cannot sleep.” If I slept, she would come again saying, ”And you said she would lift the blanket, she will come that close?”

I would say to her, ”Do ghosts exist anywhere? They are all just imagination. I was just telling you a story, just to demonstrate...”

She developed fever in the night and I had to call a doctor. And the man with whom I was staying said, ”You create unnecessary problems.”

The woman left the very next morning. She never came back. Several times I sent messages to her, to come for a visit sometime. She said she could never enter that house. I would explain, ghosts do not exist. She would say, ”Who are you trying to fool? Just drop the subject, I have experienced them myself.”

Remember you usually start denying the thing you are afraid of. You deny so that you don’t remember that you are afraid. If it doesn’t exist what is there to be afraid of?

Enjoy other interesting Stories HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment